Sunday, April 25, 2010

Incompetech

Incompetech is a fantastic site that allows you to download Royalty free music.  There were so many to choose from, the list was endless.  I believe this type of music can be used for a myriad of reasons.  The first idea to spark in my brain when looking at the site, was to incorporate the music as a hook in a lesson.  This could be used to entice or set the scene for a creative writing activity.  Music has the ability to make a person feel a particular way, thus creating an atmosphere for creativity to begin.  This music could be used for teachers and students to embed into PowerPoints, or simply for a teacher to bring calm and relaxation into the room.  The ideas are endless and exciting, from relaxation to accompanying a digital video a student has created.  I feel that the use of music within a class can encourage engagement and increase productivity.  Today's learners are exposed to many different forms of music that are readily available thanks to technology such as Incompetech.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katrina,
    I agree Incompetech is fantastic resource to have in our 'tool belts' as teachers. I like the way that you would use this as a hook in your Lesson, I think it would be a great way to engage the students and capture their attention. As Music is my main teaching area I agree with you 100% that it stirs emotions in people that no text book or whiteboard can. Good luck with incorporating music in your teaching area. I enjoy reading your blog.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

The Message Stick

Stronger Smarter

Zorba the greek

Media Smarts